Back to Index
African Leadership Academy
28 February 2010
the nomination form
Word version - (238KB)
PDF version - (99.6KB)
you do not have the free Acrobat reader on your computer, download
it from the Adobe website by clicking
The Zimbabwe Innovation
prize is open to all Zimbabwe youth between the ages of 14 and 18.
The prize is a $40,000 scholarship to the African Leadership Academy.
The nominee must be an outstanding innovator.
the following carefully and sign at the bottom to show that you
have understood and complied with these rules and regulations.
1. This form
must be filled out by the Nominee.
2. Nominees must be between the ages of 14 and 18 as of March 1st,
3. Nominees may not submit more than one form, unless instructed
specifically to re-submit by the Prize Committee. Multiple submissions
from one Nominee will lead to the disqualification of that person.
4. Nominees must have generated the innovative idea on their own.
5. Innovative ideas must be verifiable. Finalists must be in a position
to show judges their project and demonstrate thorough knowledge
of how they implemented the project.
6. All entries received before the closing date will be judged by
a Prize Committee. Decisions of the Prize Committee are final.
7. The Prize Committee will be formed and continue at the discretion
of African Leadership Academy.
8. On or after March 10, 2010, finalists will be contacted by the
Prize Committee with an invitation to the Finalist Weekend. Shortly
thereafter, the list of finalists will be posted at www.africanleadershipacademy.org
9. Finalists who cannot attend the Finalist Weekend are not eligible
for the Prize.
10. During Finalist Weekends, African Leadership Academy reserves
the right to document all events including photography and Finalist
agree to waive any rights to photos or other media created at Finalist
11. Innovations in all fields (science and technology, civil society,
arts & culture, sports, etc) will be considered by the Prize
12. Award Winners agree to have their images used in promotional
material by African Leadership Academy and/or sponsors of this award.
13. Cash prizes, where awarded, are valued in American dollars,
but are awarded in the equivalent value in local currency.
14. Scholarships to African Leadership Academy have no monetary
value and cannot be exchanged for money nor sold, traded or otherwise
reassigned or redistributed.
15. You must sign the bottom of this page and include it with your
application for your application to be considered complete. Incomplete
applications will be rejected.
16. African Leadership Academy reserves the right to cancel, withdraw
from or otherwise end or modify this Prize offering at any time.
To apply, you must complete
the attached nomination form and return it to the African Leadership
the nomination form
Please credit www.kubatana.net if you make use of material from this website.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License unless stated otherwise.