Back to Index
This article participates on the following special index pages:
Marange, Chiadzwa and other diamond fields and the Kimberley Process - Index of articles
Marketing Corporation of Zimbabwe (Diamond Sales to Local Diamond
Manufacturers) Regulations, S.I. 157/2010
October 01, 2010
97 version (64.0KB)
PDF version (45.0KB)
If you do not have the free Acrobat reader
on your computer, download it from the Adobe website by clicking
MARKETING CORPORATION OF ZIMBABWE (DIAMOND SALES TO LOCAL DIAMOND
MANUFACTURERS) REGULATIONS, 2010
1. Title and date of commencement.
3. Retention of specified portion of diamonds produced locally for
sale to local diamond manufacturers.
4. Application by local diamond manufacturers to buy rough diamonds.
5. Sale of diamonds from local diamond pool to local diamond manufacturers
and duties of General Manager in relation thereto.
6. Duties of local diamond manufacturers who benefit from local
7. Denial or restriction of access to local diamond pool in certain
8. Prevention of stockpiling of rough diamonds obtained from local
10. Offences and penalties.
FIRST SCHEDULE: Grading of Rough Diamonds by Clarity, Colour and
SECOND SCHEDULE: Form of application to purchase rough diamonds
from Local Diamond Pool
IT is hereby notified that the Minister of Mines and Mining Development
has, in terms of section 56 as read with section 20 of the Minerals
Marketing Corporation of Zimbabwe Act [Chapter 21:04],
and after consultation with the Minerals Marketing Board, made the
Title and commencement
1.(1) These regulations may be cited as the Minerals Marketing Corporation
of Zimbabwe (Diamond Sales to Local Diamond Manufacturers) Regulations,
(2) These regulations shall come into operation on the date of publication
of these regulations or the 1st October, 2010, whichever is the
Please credit www.kubatana.net if you make use of material from this website.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License unless stated otherwise.