Back to Index
(No. 2) Act, 2007 (Act 16, 2007)
97 version (80KB)
PDF version (97KB)
If you do not have the free Acrobat reader
on your computer, download it from the Adobe website by clicking
Bill gazetted on 5th December (H.B. 17, 2007) contained 28 clauses
against the 27 clauses of the Departmental Draft Bill (DDB) made
available at the time the Budget Statement was presented on 29th
November. The additional clause was clause 23 of the gazetted Bill,
which provides for the exclusion of the family motor vehicle from
a deceased person's estate for estate duty purposes.
were other differences between the two versions, for example:
in clause 9 of gazetted Bill (9 in DDB also) amending the definition
of "year of assessment" for 2007
in clause 15 of gazetted Bill (15 in DDB also) dealing with deductions
for buildings and improvements.
gazetted Bill was the Bill presented to the House of Assembly. It
underwent further changes in its passage through the House, emerging
as H.B. 17A with 26 clauses against the 28 clauses of the gazetted
Bill – clauses 6 (increase in NOCZIM redemption levy) and
8 (increases in rentals for State land allocated for agricultural
purposes) of the gazetted Bill having been removed from the Bill
during the Committee Stage on the motion of the Minister of Finance.
No other amendments were made by the House.
This document reflects the text of H.B. 17A, i.e., the Bill as passed
by the House of Assembly.
1. Short title
to Chapter 1 of Finance Act [Chapter 23:04]
2. Amendment of section 14 of Cap. 23:04.
3. Amendment of section 22B of Cap. 23:04.
4. Amendment of section 22C of Cap. 23:04.
5. Amendment of section 22E of Cap. 23:04.
6. Amendment of Schedule to Chapter I of Cap. 23:04.
Amendments to Income Tax Act [Chapter 23:06]
7. Amendment of section 2 of Cap. 23:06.
8. Amendment of section 8 of Cap. 23:06.
9. Amendment of section 15 of Cap. 23:06.
10. Amendment of section 72 to Cap. 23:06.
11. Amendment of section 80 to Cap. 23:06.
12. Amendment of Third Schedule to Cap. 23:06.
13. Amendment of Fourth Schedule to Cap. 23:06.
14. Amendment of Sixth Schedule to Cap. 23:06.
15. Amendment of Twenty-First Schedule to Cap. 23:06.
16. Amendment of Twenty-Sixth Schedule to Cap. 23:06.
17. Amendment of Schedule to Chapter II of Cap. 23:09.
VALUE ADDED TAX
Amendments to Chapter IV of Finance Act [Chapter 23:04]
18. Amendment of Schedule to Chapter IV of Cap. 23:04.
Amendments to Value Added Tax Act [Chapter 23:12]
19. Amendment of section 6 of Cap. 23:12.
Amendments to Finance Act [Chapter 23:04]
20. Amendment of Schedule to Chapter VI of Cap. 23:04.
Amendment to Estate Duty Act [Chapter 23:03]
21. Amendment of section 5 of Cap 23:03.
CAPITAL GAINS TAX
22. New section substituted for section 26 of Cap 23:11.
23. Amendment of section 22C of Cap 23:11.
24. Amendment of section 22D of Cap 23:11.
25. Amendment of section 22E of Cap 23:11.
AMENDMENT OF CHAPTER 8:10
26. Amendment of Cap. 8:10.
To make further provision for the revenues and public funds of Zimbabwe
and to provide for matters connected therewith or incidental thereto.
the President and Parliament of Zimbabwe.
1 Short title
This Act may be cited as the Finance (No. 2) Act, 2007.
a copy of this document
Please credit www.kubatana.net if you make use of material from this website.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License unless stated otherwise.