Back to Index
This article participates on the following special index pages:
Interception of Communications Bill - Index of articles
of Communications Act (Act 6/2007) - [Ch
the Government Gazette: 3rd August, 2007
Commencement: 3rd August, 2007 (date of gazetting)
97 version (78KB)
PDF version (198KB)
If you do not have the free Acrobat reader
on your computer, download it from the Adobe website by clicking
the second consolidated Interception of Communications Bill (HB
the index of articles, opinion, analysis and commentary on the Interception
of Communications Bill
of Communications Act
Control of Interception and Establishment of Monitoring Centre
Control of interception.
4. Establishment of monitoring centre.
for Lawful Interception of Communications
5. Authorised persons to apply for warrant of interception.
6. Issue of warrant.
7. Scope of warrant and renewal thereof.
8. Evidence obtained by unlawful interception not admissible in
9. Assistance by service providers.
10. Duties of telecommunication service provider in relation to
11. Notice of disclosure of protected information.
12. Interception capability of telecommunication service.
13. Compensation payable to service provider or protected information
14. Application for detention order.
15. Examination of and accountability for detained postal articles.
16 Restriction on disclosure.
17. Disposal of intercept product.
19. Review of exercise of Minister’s powers under this Act.
To provide for
the lawful interception and monitoring of certain communications
in the course of their transmission through a telecommunication,
postal or any other related service or system in Zimbabwe; to provide
for the establishment of a monitoring centre; and to provide for
any other matters connected with or incidental to the foregoing.
ENACTED by the President and the Parliament of Zimbabwe.
Please credit www.kubatana.net if you make use of material from this website.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License unless stated otherwise.