Back to Index
Violence Act (Act 14/2006) - [Chapter
the Government Gazette: 26th February, 2007
Commencement: Not yet in force. Date to be fixed by statutory instrument
in terms of s.1(2).
97 version (80KB)
PDF version (202KB)
If you do not have the free Acrobat reader
on your computer, download it from the Adobe website by clicking
the amended Domestic Violence Bill (HB 9A, 2006)
1. Short title and date of commencement.
3. Meaning of domestic violence and its scope.
4. Offence of domestic violence and acts excluded from its scope.
Duties Of Police And Powers Of Arrest In Respect Of Domestic Violence
Duties of police officers in relation to domestic violence.
6. Arrest by police officer without warrant.
Application for protection order.
8. Determination of application.
9. Issue of interim protection order.
10. Issue of protection order.
11. Contents of protection order.
12. Application for revocation, variation or extension of protection
13. Issue of further copies of orders and warrants of arrest.
14. Enforcement of protection orders.
Anti-Domestic Violence Counsellors And Anti-Domestic Violence Council
15. Anti-domestic violence counsellors.
16. Anti-Domestic Violence Council.
17. General provisions as to ofences.
18. Special jurisdiction of local courts.
To make provision for
the protection and relief of victims of domestic violence and to
provide for matters connected with or incidental to the foregoing.
ENACTED by the President and the Parliament of Zimbabwe.
Please credit www.kubatana.net if you make use of material from this website.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License unless stated otherwise.