Back to Index
Act (Act 11/2006) - [Chapter
Published in the Government
Gazette: 9th February, 2007
Commencement: not yet in force. Date to be fixed by statutory instrument
in terms of s.1(2).
97 version (161KB)
PDF version (127KB)
If you do not have the free Acrobat reader
on your computer, download it from the Adobe website by clicking
the amended Petroleum Bill (HB 5A, 2006)
Short title and date of commencement.
Establishment and Functions of Petroleum Regulatory Authority
3. Establishment of Petroleum Regulatory Authority.
4. Functions and powers of Authority.
Petroleum Regulatory Authority Board
5. Establishment of Petroleum Regulatory Authority Board.
6. Constitution of Board.
7. Terms of office and conditions of service of members.
8. Disqualifications for appointment as member.
9. Vacation of office by member.
10. Dismissal or suspension of members.
11. Filling of vacancies on Board.
12. Chairperson and vice-chairperson of Board.
13. Meetings and procedure of Board.
14. Committees of Board.
15. Remuneration and expenses of members of Board and members of
16. Disclosure of interest of members of Board and members of committees.
17. Validity of decisions and acts of Board.
18. Minutes of proceedings of Board and committees.
19. Funds of Authority.
20. Investment of moneys not immediately required by Authority.
21. Financial year of Authority.
22. Accounts of Authority.
23. Audit of Authority’s accounts.
24. Powers of auditors.
Miscellaneous Provisions Relating to Authority
25. Minister may give policy directions.
26. Reports of Authority.
27. Chief Executive Officer and other employees of Authority.
28. Exemption from liability for Authority.
29. Licensing requirement.
30. Procurement licence.
31. Retailing licence.
32. Production licence.
33. General duties of licensees.
34. Restrictions on transfer, etc. of licence or petroleum undertaking.
35. Licence application.
36. Terms and conditions of licence.
37. Renewal of licence
38. Amendment of licence
39. Enforcement of licence.
40. Cancellation of a licence.
41. Form of licence.
42. Register of licences.
43. Returns by licensees.
Fuel Price Stabilisation Fund
44. Interpretation in Part VII.
45. Establishment of Fuel Price Stabilisation Fund.
46. Objects of fund.
47. Composition of the Fund.
48. Fuel price stabilisation levy.
49. Financial year of Fund.
50. Books of accounts and audit of Fund.
Consumer Protection and Licensee Performance Standards
51. Consumer protection standards.
Maintenance of Strategic Reserves and Price Control
53. Strategic reserves.
54. Petroleum product prices.
58. False statements and declarations and other offences.
59. Disclosure of confidential information and use of information
by inspectors, etc., for personal gain.
Savings and Transitional Provisions
60. Savings and transitional provisions.
Ancillary Powers of Authority
To provide for the establishment
of the Petroleum Regulatory Authority and its functions and management;
to provide for the licensing and regulation of the petroleum industry;
and to provide for matters incidental to or connected with the foregoing.
ENACTED by the President and the Parliament of Zimbabwe.
Please credit www.kubatana.net if you make use of material from this website.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License unless stated otherwise.