Back to Index
Investment Authority Act (Act 4, 2006)
Published in Government Gazette: Friday 8th September,
Commencement: Not yet in force. Date of commencement to be fixed
by Statutory Instrument in terms of section 1(2) of the Act
the original Bill
97 version (102KB)
PDF version (121KB)
If you do not have the free Acrobat reader
on your computer, download it from the Adobe website by clicking
Investment Authority Act [Chapter 14:30]
1. Short title and date of commencement.
ZIMBABWE INVESTMENT AUTHORITY
3. Establishment of Zimbabwe Investment Authority.
4. Zimbabwe Investment Authority Board.
5. Constitution of Board.
6. Investment Committee
FUNCTIONS OF AUTHORITY
7. Functions of Authority.
8. Powers of Authority.
9. Reports of Authority.
10. Chief Executive Officer.
11. Staff of Authority.
12. Minister may give Authority directions in national interest.
APPLICATIONS FOR INVESTMENT LICENCES
13. Applications for investment licences.
14. Considerations for approving foreign applications for investment
15. Approval or refusal of applications for investment licences.
16. Period of validity of licences.
17. Renewal of investment licences.
18. Register of investment licences.
19. Investor to notify Authority of non-implementation of investment
proposals or changes in particulars.
20. Transfer of investment licences.
21. Power to visit premises and inspect documents.
22. Suspension and cancellation of investment licences.
23. Appeals to Minister.
25. Minister may prescribe sectors for investment, extent of value
26. Funds of Authority.
27. Investment of moneys not immediately required by Authority.
28. Accounts and audit.
29. Preservation of secrecy.
30. False statements.
31. Exemption from liability for Authority.
32. Protection of investments.
34. Repeal of Caps. 24:16 and 14:07 and savings.
35. Transfer of assets, obligations, etc., of Zimbabwe Investment
Centre and Export Processing Zones Authority to Authority.
36. Transfer of employees to Authority and conditions of service
of transferred employees.
37. Persons licensed or certified under repealed Acts.
FIRST SCHEDULE : Provisions applicable to the Board.
SECOND SCHEDULE : Powers of Authority.
provide for the establishment of the Zimbabwe Investment Authority
and its functions; to provide for the promotion and co-ordination
of investment; to repeal the Zimbabwe Investment Centre Act [Chapter
24:16] and the Export Processing Zones Act [Chapter 14:07]; and
to provide for matters incidental to or connected with the foregoing.
ENACTED by the President
and the Parliament of Zimbabwe.
title and date of commencement
(1) This Act
may be cited as the Zimbabwe Investment Authority Act [Chapter
(2) This Act shall come into operation on a date to be fixed by
the President by statutory instrument.
Please credit www.kubatana.net if you make use of material from this website.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License unless stated otherwise.