Back to Index
This article participates on the following special index pages:
Sunrise of currency reform - Index of articles and reports on Zimbabwe's new currency reforms
Powers (Temporary Measures) (Currency Revaluation) Regulations,
- SI 199 of 2006
July 31, 2006
a supplement to the Zimbabwean Government Gazette Extraordinary
dated the 31st July, 2006
PDF version (74KB)
If you do not have the free Acrobat reader on your computer, download
it from the Adobe website by clicking
3. Issue of new bearer cheques, saving in force of certain coins
banknotes at revalued rate and expiry and exchange of old bearer
4. Limitations on exchange of old bearer cheques.
5. Rounding-off of converted sums.
6. Operations of financial institutions, traders, etc., to conform
to new currency system.
7. Preparation of financial statements in terms of old and new currency
8. Temporary indication of prices for goods and services in both
9. Cheques and other negotiable instruments.
10. Effect of conversion to new currency system on debts, contracts,
11. References to old currency system in enactments.
12. Immunity where official powers or functions exercised in good
13. Issue of directions for purposes of these regulations.
14. Regulations to bind the State
15. Amendment of Cap. 24:24.
Rounding-Off of Converted Sums.
SECOND SCHEDULE: Indication of Prices for Goods and Services in
both Currency Systems.
THIRD SCHEDULE: Words be Endorsed by Drawers on All Cheques Drawn
on and Between the 1st August, 2006, and 31st August, 2006.
the President, in terms of section 2 of the Presidential Powers
(Temporary Measures) Act [Chapter 10:20], hereby makes the following
1. These regulations may be cited as the Presidential Powers (Temporary
Measures) (Currency Revaluation) Regulations, 2006.
Please credit www.kubatana.net if you make use of material from this website.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License unless stated otherwise.