Back to Index
Council for Higher Education Act (Act 1, 2006)
Published in Government Gazette: 28th April, 2006
Commencement: Statutory Instrument 218 has fixed the date of commencement
of this Act as 1st October 2006.
97 version (108KB)
PDF version (127KB)
If you do not have the free Acrobat reader
on your computer, download it from the Adobe website by clicking
Council for Higher Education Act [Chapter 25:27]
1. Short title and date of commencement.
ESTABLISHMENT OF THE ZIMBABWE COUNCIL FOR HIGHER EDUCATION
3. Establishment of Council.
4. Seal of Council.
5. Objects and powers of Council.
6. Functions of Council.
7. Membership of Council.
8. Responsibility of the Minister.
9. Secretariat of Council.
REGISTRATION OF PRIVATE INSTITUTIONS OF HIGHER EDUCATION
10. Registration of private institutions.
11. Provision and final registration of private institutions.
12. Provisions to be contained in charters of private institutions.
13. Amendment of charters of private institutions.
14. Revocation of charters of private institutions.
PUBLIC INSTITUTIONS OF HIGHER EDUCATION
15. Establishment of public institutions.
16. Declaration of institutions of higher education.
17. Closure or merger of public institutions.
INSTITUTIONAL STANDARDS AND ACCREDITATION
18. Publication of institutional quality assurance standards and
evaluation of institutions.
19. Basis of accreditation.
20. Effect of accreditation.
21. Reports of institutions to Council.
22. Funds of Council.
23. Investment of monies not immediately required by Council.
24. Financial year.
25. Accounts of Council.
26. Audit of Council accounts.
27. Annual report.
29. Repeal of Cap. 25:08 and savings.
31. Transitional provisions.
FIRST SCHEDULE: Powers of the Council.
SECOND SCHEDULE: Provisions applicable to the Council.
establish the Zimbabwe Council for Higher Education to register
and accredit institutions of higher education; to repeal the National
Council for Higher Education Act [Chapter 25:08]; and to provide
for matters connected therewith or incidental thereto.
ENACTED by the President
and the Parliament of Zimbabwe.
title and date of commencement
(1) This Act
may be cited as the Zimbabwe Council for Higher Education Act [Chapter
(2) This Act shall come into operation on a date to be fixed by
the President by statutory instrument.
Please credit www.kubatana.net if you make use of material from this website.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License unless stated otherwise.