Back to Index
Court Rules, 2006 - Statutory Instrument 59 of 2006
97 version (145KB)
PDF version (338KB)
If you do not have the free Acrobat reader on your
computer, download it from the Adobe website by clicking
Court Rules, 2006
Arrangement of Rules
4. Computation of time and certain presumptions as to time.
5. Sittings and vacations of Labour Court.
SERVICE OF DOCUMENTS
6. Interpretation in Part II.
7. Address for service and change of address for service.
8. Persons who may effect service of documents and manner and time of
9. Service where person to be served prevents service or cannot be found.
10. Substituted service.
11. Proof of service.
DETERMINATION OF MATTERS BY LABOUR COURT
12. Informality of proceedings.
13. Labour Court Record Book.
17. Interlocutory and other applications under these rules.
18. Assumption and renunciation of agency where either party represented
by legal practitioner.
19. Heads of argument.
20. Settlements and withdrawals.
21. Set-down of matters.
22. Where party fails to file notice of response.
24. Clarification of issues
25. Pre-hearing stage.
26. Departures from rules.
27. Joinder of parties and actions.
29. Adjournments and postponements.
30. Default judgement entered where party or witness fails to appear.
31. Consent to judgement.
33. Applications for rescissions or alterations of judgements.
34. Stay of execution.
35. Precedents and binding nature of decisions.
36. Leave to appeal against decisions of Court.
It is hereby notified
that the Presidents of the Labour Court have, in terms of section 90(3)
of the Labour Court Act [Chapter 28:01] and with the approval of the Chief
Justice and the Minister of Justice, Legal and Parliamentary Affairs,
made the following rules:—
1. These rules may be cited as the Labour Court Rules, 2006.
2. These rules shall apply to all proceedings in the Labour Court, including,
so far as is practicable, proceedings pending on the date of commencement
of these rules.
Please credit www.kubatana.net if you make use of material from this website.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License unless stated otherwise.