Back to Index
in designing an appropriate aid regime for Zimbabwe
Diana Cammack, Poverty and Public Policy Group,
June 04, 2007
Roundtable discussion: Re-thinking
aid policy in response to Zimbabwe's protracted crisis
Download this document
PDF version (46KB)
If you do not have the free Acrobat reader
on your computer, download it from the Adobe website by clicking
questions should we be asking?
1. How will
political control change in the next few years in Zimbabwe?
2. Is giving aid to Zimbabwe counterproductive?
2. Opposition party weakness
3. ZANU splits
4. Mugabe's departure
5. Outside actors
6. After Mugabe?
to Zimbabwe: The Devil's Advocate's Case
vs. governance goals
2. The regime benefits from aid
3. Aid entrenches the regime
4. Little popular demand for reform due to repression
5. Food as a political weapon
6. Agencies: be aware and plan carefully
Please credit www.kubatana.net if you make use of material from this website.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License unless stated otherwise.