Back to Index, Back to Special Index
This article participates on the following special index pages:
New Constitution-making process - Index of articles
August 31, 2010
There was a turnout of 159 people in Mabayi Area in Nkayi where
there was a 50/50 ratio in the representation of each groups.
- Villagers felt that the respect of all languages must be highlighted
in this section.
- They said that there should not be any farming on grazing areas,
no burning of grass, no stream bank cultivation.
leaders - They felt that these people should be respected and given
no bribe to undertake their work.
- There was great support of the 1st past the post system together
with the hybrid system.
- It was said that local people should get help from this sector.
Orphans and Widows were highlighted as special groups that need
to access funds from this facility.
The teams are in Mangwe this week and one of the teams were in ward
5 yesterday in an area called Bhulu. The attendance was very low
as the meeting had 33 people only.
Comments - Morale
is very low among the outreach team and their hotel has served them
with a letter to vacate the hotel tomorrow due to non-payment.
Systems of government
- There is equal sentiment between those that want the unitary system
and those that want a devolved system.
Arms of State
- The people here said it does not matter whether or not there is
a Prime Minister. They said what matters is that who ever has most
executive power should have his or her powers curtailed so that
there is no abuse of power by an individual.
- The communities proposed the adoption of dual citizenship.
- There was consensus that the traditional leaders play a pivotal
role in the life of any community. It was said that they should
have a constitutional mandate to preside over land distribution
and that they should have seats reserved for them in Parliament.
Visit the Bulawayo
Agenda fact sheet
Please credit www.kubatana.net if you make use of material from this website.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License unless stated otherwise.